The PhotoBooth Bros- The Pros and Cons of 2×6 prints vs. 4×6 print
When you think of a photobooth picture, you probably think of those “strips” you get with the three pictures and a saying on the top. Here at The PhotoBooth Bros. is no different, the photostrip is our standard format for our photo prints. However, sometimes you and your guest might want something different and that’s why we have created the option of upgrading your package to a 4×6 inch format for $50. This post is going to help you decide what print format you want your photos to be taken.
We decided to make a pro and con list of the 2×6 inch format versus the 4×6 inch format!
Let’s start with the 2×6 Format
- It’s the format you think of when you think of a photobooth pictures!
- They are small and portable- Kids love the 2×6 format because they are like trading cards!
- Make great bookmarks- they are the perfect size to keep your place in the book you are reading.
- You get 3 pictures instead of 1 per print- you can definitely put 3 pictures on the 4×6 but the 4×6 is not made for 3 pictures and a customization so usually 3 pictures on a 4×6 look small and cropped.
- They are great for big parties that have a scrapbook- since they are slim you can put more photostrips per page on a scrapbook!
- Potentially longer lines- Since your guest are choosing props for 3 pictures each time they enter the booth, their time in the booth is longer. So if you want the pictures to be taken quickly, a 4×6 format might be better.
- They are not the standard format for picture frames- Yes, you can purchase frames from us that will fit your photostrips. However if you want to put your photobooth picture in store-bought frame, the 2×6 format might not fit.
Now lets take a look at the 4×6 format
- Looks classy- If you have a classy event like a fundraiser or a theater performance, the 4×6 selection is a classier looking option.
- Bigger picture- If you want a larger image for each of your guest, this is the way to go!
- Standard photograph size- Remember when you printed pictures at your local drugstore? These photos are the same size of those photos! That means you can these prints in standard frames and those small photo albums.
- Gets the crowds through the photobooth faster- if you want the photobooth process faster, it might be best to get the 4×6 option as you can make your print have only one image instead of 3 images.
- More options for the format of the customization- with the 4×6 option, you can put the customization on the top or the bottom. You can also make your customization translucent or opaque, thin or thicker. The combinations are almost endless!
- Multiple-picture prints tend to come out small- The 4×6 option is best if you only want one image. When you add more than one picture on the 4×6, pictures can come out small or cropped.
- Cost more money- It’s an upgrade after all, if you are on a budget it might be best to stick with our standard printing style.
- Takes longer to print- the reason why we charge more for this format is because it uses more materials. Instead of getting two copies of pictures from one page, the 4×6 requires an entire sheet of our paper and therefore it takes longer to print multiple copies of the same picture.
So now it’s time for you to make a decision then give us a call today to book your Photobooth with The Photobooth Bros!!